Tips for Commercial Storage
Thinking about storage for your upcoming office move? If you are going through an office relocation and thinking about packing up items to put in storage for an extended period of time, we’ve got recommendations for you! Offices tend to use storage warehouses when they are between office moves or for surplus items they don’t need anymore but might not be ready to get rid of. It could also be used when offices are being renovated and you need a place to store the furniture while constructions is being done.
Regardless the reason for packing up items for storage, here are some tips and tricks before sending your stuff off to the warehouse:
• Remember to take inventory of your storage items and prioritize by importance.
• We recommend color coding your boxes or writing a list on the outside of the box.
• Keep in mind that storage units can be very cold so be careful before storing valuables or items that need to be stored in a certain temperature.
• Ensure your storage company doesn’t charge “permanent removal fees”. These sneaky clauses are often included in your contract when it comes time to release your items from storage.
• Get help! Offices moves can be complicated and you want to hire a reputable commercial mover service to help you with everything you need
For a quick and professional move that prioritizes your needs, contact Washington Express Movers. We’re Washington DC’s top choice when it comes to commercial moving. We’ll pack your items, move them and even unpack them to save you the hassle. After all, we want to make your move as easy as possible.